More Pink

I have never worked with so much pink at one time in my life.  This quilt is stunning though, even if I do say so myself!!

I first cut the "pinks" into 2½ wide strips.  I sewed the strips together 8 or 10 at a time.  This kept the pieces manageable.

Set of Stripes 1Set of Stripes 2Set of Stripes 3

These pieces were cut into 10½ inch wide sections.  I sewed these sections into vertical rows.  Each row had 48 pieces so it turned out to be 10½ x 96 inches.  I made 7 of these rows and seperated them with a 2 inch (cut 2½ inches) strip of pink with a little sparkle.  This entire section was then framed with a 2 inch (cut 2½ inches) of the same pink.

Next I cut large musical notes out of the black tone on tone I found.  I love this fabric.  It is perfect for this quilt.  This fabric is covered with treble cleffs and tiny notes!  These large musical notes were appliqued across the top, and in the two bottom corners of this quilt body.

Quilt Photo 1Quilt Photo 2Quilt Photo 3

I then used the black tone on tone to add a 1½ inch (cut 2 inches) frame around the whole piece.  The outside border is a 3½ inch wide (cut 4 inches)  piece of white fabric printed with musical notes.

The black tone on tone was used to back the quilt.  I quilted the entire quilt with black thread.  The result is striking!!!

Lastly, I wrapped the backing around to self-bind the quilt.

I can't wait to try this quilt in a different color.  I think it would look great in blues, yellows, greens or purples!!!

Happy Quilting,
Laurel

Categories